This page explains what you can find and what you can do on this site.
The Home page hosts my blog. I blog approximately twice a week. There will usually be a new post on a Sunday and a Friday; sometimes more often.
You are welcome to Comment on any blog post—see below for how to do it.
- My launch and welcome blog post “Without You, There is No Me!” is “Sticky”. It will stay at the top of my Home page until people know their way around.
- All my other posts appear in reverse chronological order on the Home page, i.e. the latest post appears after the Sticky one, and pushes the previous post down the page. So, as you scroll down, you move back in time. You will encounter all my thoughts on all topics on the Home page, ordered only by the publication date.
- To read any serialised work in chronological order, e.g. to start at the Table of Contents and proceed to the first chapter and then the second, etc. of The Cloud of Goodness or Meditations for Lent, click the relevant Category in the side column. For serialised works, the presentation of posts will be in ascending date order.
- You can click other Categories to restrict your reading to one of the main recurring themes in my overall work. These posts are presented in descending date order.
- To read all posts that mention a particular topic, no matter what their Category, click a word under Tags. The bigger the Tag, the more often it has been used in the site. Or, perform a keyword Search.
- The other options in the side column, such as Recent Posts and Archives, present other self-explanatory ways of finding relevant content.
- You can Follow this Blog to receive email notifications of all Blog posts as soon as they are published. Simply enter your email address and click [Subscribe].
- All of the above are different ways of viewing the same content, so if you enter a Comment on a post in one view, that Comment will also be visible in any other view. You can also choose to go directly to a Recent Comment.
- Open the full content of a post by clicking the title of the post, or by clicking Continue Reading after the first few paragraphs. Scroll to the bottom of the post to Comment.
- You can either Comment in response to the original Post, or Reply to one of the other Comments. I very much encourage you to Comment and Reply, to me and to others, so that we can co-create a visible spiritual community online.
The About page and its sub-pages contain background information about me and my current projects.
On the Books page you can read brief synopses of some of my 23 books. The list will grow over time. You can click to buy any that interest you.
The Retreats page explains my interest in retreats and links to my separate site, The Good Retreat Guide Online, where you can book a selection of Retreats with various providers.
On the Events page, you can, subject to availability, book your place at any Event I am currently running, or find information about any third-party events that I may promote.
Use the Contact form on this page to contact me about anything that it is not appropriate to discuss publicly in Comments on the blog. I promise to reply!